Middle School Choir
- The Choir shall have 200 participants total.
- Only 7th and 8th grade students are eligible.
- Students will audition via mp3 recording through Festival Scores. Audition recordings must be uploaded by the audition deadline.
- Schools will pay an audition fee for each student that submits an audition.
- The top 50 scores in each voice category will be selected to the honor choir. One qualifying student from every district.
- There will be THREE alternate quartets selected. Those students will be notified by the MS Choir Chair if they are to perform.
- Students will audition using Dona Nobis Pacem. PDFs are found on the KMEA All-State Middle Level Choir Auditions page.
— A single pitch is all that is allowed to be on the recording before the student begins to sing.
— Allow the pitch to decay/cease prior to the student beginning to sing.
No talking is allowed on any part of the recording.
— Do NOT announce the name of the student, teacher or school on the audition recording.
— Do NOT speak to the student at the end of the recording.
— Do NOT provide vocal support for the student. This includes, but is not limited to, singing with them or humming along.
The students must record this song with NO accompaniment or other instrumental support.
The starting pitch must be played and recorded and it is all that is allowed on the recording before the students begin to sing.
Auditions will be disqualified for:
— Failure to include the starting pitch on the recording
— Failure to start on the indicated pitch in the audition excerpt
— Recording multiple pitches at the beginning of the recording
— Singing with accompaniment or other instrumental support
— Singing/humming while the starting pitch is playing
— The presence of any talking on the recording
Be sure to follow the audition process completely and meet the audition deadline to ensure that your student(s) recordings are heard and evaluated. There will be a non-refundable audition fee per student. Auditioning students must be part of a school vocal group during the fall and spring semesters.
- will be a member of the KSHSAA and be in good standing with the organization.
- will be eligible to enter students as determined in the rules and guidelines established by KMEA Board policies;
- will be responsible for the supervision, conduct, and behavior of its students during the entire KMEA In-Service Workshop.
- the director is a "member in good standing" of NAfME and KMEA.
Audition recordings must be uploaded by the established audition deadline. Uploads will be closed at midnight on the night of the deadline date. The mp3 recordings contained in the system at the moment of the deadline will be the entries that are judged. All previously uploaded mp3 files will be disregarded. If multiple mp3 files are uploaded for a particular student, only the final uploaded file will be judged.
Audio audition files must be mp3 format.
The audition system will display on screen for the teacher the name of the last uploaded mp3 file for each student. Judges will not be able to see your file names.
Late entries will not be accepted! The mp3 upload process will be disabled at the time of the deadline. Judging begins immediately after the upload deadline.