Middle School Choir
The recording guidelines for the SWKMEA Middle School Choir will be followed.
The rubric for the High School District Honor Choir will be followed.
Students will audition for a specific voice part (Soprano, Alto, Tenor, or Bass)
Dona Nobis Pacem - Soprano key of A-flat
Dona Nobis Pacem - Alto key of F
Dona Nobis Pacem - Tenor key of A-flat (see note below)
Dona Nobis Pacem - Bass key of E
Tenor Audition Key
PLEASE NOTE - the tenor key for the SW District auditions is DIFFERENT than the tenor key for state choir auditions.
Please make sure you submit the correct key for tenors - Ab. Failure to do so will result in disqualification of the audition.
Audition Recording Requirements
The following example is not complete. It is only a guide to get you started.
The starting pitch must be played on the recording.
- A single pitch is all that is allowed to be on the recording before the student begins to sing.
- Allow the pitch to decay/cease prior to the student beginning to sing.
No talking is allowed on any part of the recording.
- Do NOT announce the name of the student, teacher or school on the audition recording.
- Do NOT speak to the student at the end of the recording.
- Do NOT provide vocal support for the student. This includes, but is not limited to, singing with them or humming along.
The students must record this song with NO accompaniment or other
instrumental support. Attention should be given to:
- Detailed pitch and rhythm accuracy
- Singing with a confident and pleasant vocal tone
- Starting on the correct pitch as indicated in the audition excerpts
The starting pitch must be played and recorded, and it is all that is allowed on
the recording before the students begin to sing.
Auditions will be disqualified for:
- Failure to include the starting pitch on the recording
- Failure to start on the indicated pitch in the audition excerpt
- Recording multiple pitches at the beginning of the recording
- Singing with accompaniment or other instrumental support
- Singing/humming while the starting pitch is playing
- The presence of any talking on the recording
Be sure to follow the audition process completely and meet the audition
deadline to ensure that your student(s) recordings are heard and evaluated.
There will be a non-refundable audition fee per student. Auditioning students
must be part of a school vocal group during the spring semester.