Each Elementary School director will be notified in the bulletin of the date
of the concert, the clinician
, and the date that the roster forms
are due. The concert will be in late January.
A snow date should be scheduled each year by the Chair or President.
The clinician will work with the students in the morning and present a noon
It is the directors' responsibility to select qualified 6th grade students
from their school, rank them on the roster form, and submit the form by the
Directors will be notified before December 1 of the District Choir personnel.
The clinician will develop and distribute a
teaching guide to all directors. Teachers should begin to rehearse the music
so their students will have a positive experience on the day of the concert.
- The Choir shall consist of 200 participants.
- Students must be in 5th or 6th grade.
- Each grade school may enter 5 students total. With a 200
student limit, entry will be based on a first-come-first-serve
basis. Timestamps on the roster submissions will determine the date of entry.
- On the roster form, the director must rank each student as
their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th rated student in terms of
overall musical ability—1st being the most musically talented.
- All five students will participate in the District Choir.