MS Band Chair
Updated: Feb. 16, 2002
- Secure a guest clinician/conductor as soon as possible and
notify the District President.
- Inform the guest clinician/conductor to select the music for
the Band as soon as possible.
- Order the music and have it ready to send to the students at
the same time the tapes are heard.
- Ask SWKMEA band directors to meet and listen to the
audition tapes at a central location at least three weeks
before the clinic/concert date.
- Set the due date at least four days before the listening
date to allow ample time to remove labels, number tapes,
and sort them into like instruments.
- Ask the directors to bring tape recorders with them if the
central site does not have enough available.
- After listening to the tapes, sort them in order of towns.
Return the tapes to the band directors at the Middle and High School Festivals.
- Make copies of the Instrument Audition Form. Have enough for all auditions.
You need a copy for each tape submitted. A sample can be found in this notebook
(page 5-b-1). You should also provide judges
with copies of the audition materials.
- The students need the music in their hands at least two weeks
before the performance. Send the music to the respective band directors.
- As soon as the band has been selected, send the seating chart
to the host school of the festival and send a copy of the
band roster to the District President, Secretary-Treasurer, and Webmaster for
- The morning of the festival date, place each students' name on his or her chair along with a pencil.