Southwest Kansas Music Educators Association
2020-21 SWKMEA Events
Due to the COVID-19 situation, SWKMEA will not hold in-person events this year. Please note:
- Auditions for HS honor ensembles will be held online via a recorded process.
- High School students named to a district instrumental ensemble will be eligible to audition for KMEA All-State Instrumental Ensembles.
- High School choir students who score high enough will be named to the KMEA All-State Choirs in the normal fashion.
- Details regarding honor ensemble souvenirs will be published at a later date.
- SWKMEA District Mini-Conventions, scheduled for Nov. 7, Dec. 5, and Jan. 23 have been cancelled.
Directors must be members of NAfME-KMEA in order to register students for SWKMEA District Honor Ensembles.
Honor group fees will be assessed as a "Registration Fee" for all SWKMEA ensembles.
Payments not accompanied by a printed invoice will incur a $15 penalty.
(SWKMEA policy adopted July 2017)
Reminder to all teachers: All fees must be paid by March 1 of each school year.
KMEA Mentoring Network
Attention New Teachers!
JOIN the Mentoring Network
- CONNECT with experienced mentors and fellow beginning music educators.
- ENGAGE in professional learning through mentoring events and online discussions.
- ENJOY SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT from a professional community that is committed to your success.
Check out these events designed for first and second year teachers.
Mentoring Help Line
Contact your district mentor chair if you have a question or need resources or help.