High School Band
We will be using a website called Festival Scores, which is an audition management system.
Please find time to create a Director account and familiarize yourself with the
Here are the basic steps to begin:
- Go to FestivalScores.com
- Click the Button "Enter Audition System"
- Select the Button "Participating Director"
- Create an account
- After logging in, add your School and Student Profiles
- Add Event Using the Audition Event Tags
IMPORTANT NOTICE regarding Brass & Woodwind Excerpt mp3 files *
For Contrabass Clarinet, record the excerpt to a single mp3 file. During the upload process, upload the one mp3 file into both "excerpt" slots (Slots #2 and #3).
This will create a "complete entry" for this section. Judges will listen only to slot #2 for the excerpt.
All other brass and woodwind instruments will have two excerpt mp3 files.
* This note applies only to excerpts. The chromatic scale is to be recorded to a separate mp3 file for all brass and woodwind instruments (slot #1).
Festival Scores - Audition Event Tags
Directors, you will need to activate the following Event Tags in your
Director account in order to upload audition entries.
|2018 Brass and Woodwind Auditions||Z2YXK7Z|
|2018 Mallet Auditions||MZ7SRZZ|
|2018 Snare and Timpani Auditions ||56CPCZT|
|Oct. 15||Audition Events open to receive mp3 files|
|Oct. 29||Final day to upload mp3 files|
|Nov. 1||Judging Finished|
|Nov. 3||Roster Announced; Folders and Music Picked Up at Honor Jazz/Middle School Festival or Mailed Out|
|Dec. 1||High School Honor Band Festival in Dodge City|