HS Choral - All-State Audition Guidelines
Updated: Jun. 26, 2011
- SWKMEA has only one audition. It is used to determine
both the District and State participants.
- Freshmen may participate in their District Festival Choir but
are NOT eligible to audition for All-State Choir.
- The number of students eligible for the All-State Choir
is determined by a formula used by the State Choir Chairperson
(SWKMEA usually sends 28-32 students).
- The All-State roster is posted on the KMEA state website (www.ksmea.org)
- Students selected for All-State Choir must have auditioned for
and been selected to the District Choir. They must also have
participated in their District Choir rehearsals and performance.
- If a student is selected for the All-State Choir and is
unable to attend, their director should contact the District
Choral Chair so the alternate may attend.
- The All-State Choir is held in Wichita generally on the last weekend of February during the KMEA In-Service Workshop at Century II Convention Center. The final performance is on the Saturday of that weekend, and is held in the Century II Concert Hall.